Seattle Ticker

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Anniversary Trip - Chicago 2011



Last Memorial Day weekend I was pretty highly coerced to go out with some girlfriends on a Saturday night to a bar I definitely did NOT want to be at. Little did I know going to the bar that night would change my life. It was that night at the wonderful adult beverage establishment John Barleycorn's Wrigleyville that I met Ryan. I may have said no when he offered to buy me a beer but luckily he was very persistent and I met an incredible man that night, I met the love of my life!

So to remember and celebrate our first amazing year together we traveled back to where it all began, Chicago! We stayed downtown, ate at some great restaurants, saw a baseball game (and Ryan endured his first rain delay ever), spent time with my best friend Erin, her husband Jeff and adorable son Cooper. Aunt Sarah could not believe how big Cooper had gotten in a few short months.

See he is already driving!! Such a big kiddo!


Reason for the rain delay, it was about 12:30 in the afternoon at this time



Rain delay is almost over, let's get a hot dog and watch some baseball!


You should all know what this is, a Chicago dog!!! Summertime perfection!


Delicious!!!

After the game we had to go back to where is all began, John Barleycorn, but this time I let him buy me a beer, the same one I finally ordered that night and Amstel Light (I was watching a Blackhawks game and this is what Blackhawks fans drink). We also had a few other beverages, including this "water", something tells me this is NOT water because it tastes just like tequila!


NOT water - Tequila!

Our last full day there we went to the beach and caught some sunshine. Summer hadn't really arrived in Seattle yet, so the 90 degree plus temps felt amazing to us! Unfortunately, even with sunscreen we both got very sunburned, I guess our Seattle bodies weren't quite ready for summer.


North Ave beach, a Chicago summertime must


Just relaxing catching maybe a few too many rays


Yup, definitely too much sun!

We had such an amazing time in a city we love and fell in love in! This will definitely not be our last visit here, we can't wait to return to Chi-town!

1 comment:

  1. I have this theory that everyone meets the love of their life in Chicago, even if you don't live there. I'm glad to here you two are another couple that prove my theory :)

    ReplyDelete